Monday, November 26, 2007

Damn ERP

On fri nite i was goin back home on my blue machine as i realised there was an active ERP at CTE towards AMK. I only realised a min before dat gantry after reading on the LED message board leading to it. ERP 6:30 - 10:30pm. Goddamnit. It was too little to late for me. My IU Unit was spoilt. It cant read any cashcard. So i had no choice but to just pass and it was like 10pm.
This morning as i was going for a course in Jurong, i took the BKE route and AGAIN there was a gantry sayin ERP 730-9am. and it was like 840pm when i passed. I should have updated myself with all the ERP timings in singapore as there seem to be more and more sproutin up everywhere.
Whatever is the goin on here? With the pretense of curbing the traffic and discouraging motorists not to use the expressways during those stipulated timings but actually they are rerouting those vehicles and causing congestion to other roads instead.I mean people still need to travel or go back from work rite. The traffic conditions might be better as a result but it really is minimal.
Only thing i can do now is wait for the letter for my double whammy and quietly pay the fine. Hope u guys had better luck

No comments: